Tuesday, January 17, 2012

what's in my stash? bareMinerals / Bare Escentuals READY eye shadows V1

posted by prettydaysies at 9:52 PM
holy moly! this took so long to upload! since i record and export in HD, when you save a file size for more than a 10 minute video, you upload over 1GB and it might take 2-3 hours. today's video took about 236 minutes... and if YT slows down, it might even take longer. i love the HD quality (which is 720p or 1080p)... you can see a difference between 480p and 720p. i will definitely need to record earlier in the day so i can edit and upload before i pick up my husband from work... or else, i'll be sucking up the bandwidth at home when the hubby needs to use it. oops.


in this video, i also talk about my lighting, which always seems to be a constant struggle. i don't have those fancy schmancy light kits that some other beauty YTers have used. i have some Target standup lights (that MakeupbyTiffanyD uses) and some clip lights (that i also bought from Target) but i've been trying to use natural light. my makeup table sits in between the 2 windows in my office. i have horizontal blinds on those windows. i probably should've just pulled up the blinds to let in as much natural light as i can (instead of just opening them), but when i do, i look dark... well, like i'm sitting in a bit of a shadow. i would love to move my table directly underneath one of the windows, but i have a wire bookcase in the way that i can't move anywhere else in my room. i just don't want to look orange anymore in my videos... and it shouldn't be this difficult! LOL

so this is how i'm going to do my collection videos, if you haven't already noticed, under the "what's in my stash?" category. this way, i can share my 2 cents about these products without just showing them to you. i'll also have a makeup storage video, but that won't be coming in a long time... but it's definitely on my todo list! xoxo Kathleen

2 comments:

Bella said...

Such a cute blog! I shy away from making YouTube videos because I have a slow internet connection (only speed I'm able to get in my area where I live, from AT&T is less than 1 MB of speed, or something like that). Also, I hate the sound of my voice so I just don't want to subject anyone to it LOL. Then now that you mentioned HD, I don't even want to imagine because I would want it to look HD too, and it seems too much for me! haha. But you do a great job so keep it up! :)

prettydaysies said...

thank you, Bella! yeah, HD is harsh sometimes. you can see all your pores! LOL the file size for this video was almost 1.5GB... and it took over 3, almost 4 hours to upload... upload speeds are always slower than download speeds. i also have AT&T U-Verse and the fastest package they have (since i used to work from home).

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea