Sunday, January 22, 2012

foundations that i'm currently using

posted by prettydaysies at 6:31 PM
i don't own a lot of foundation simply because i always have a hard time trying to find the shade that matches my skin and so i just don't buy any. i've only been matched a few times (by M.A.C, Clinique, and in Shoppers Drug Mart in Vancouver) and i've been satisfied with those matches. however, when i go by myself to the drug store, i just can't see what they see. in the past, i've bought my fair share of foundations that didn't match my skin, but i've been quite successful recently. however, i plan on not buying anymore foundations (as part of project no-buy 2012) until i've used up what i have. it's a good thing i really don't own that many foundations.

in today's video, i show you what i am currently rotating through, but i completely forgot about the other foundations that are stashed away in my makeup drawers (the white drawers you see in the background of some of my videos). i forgot i had bought the M.A.C mineralize satinfinish foundation and also the Clinique superfit and acne solutions foundations. i also forgot that i have a handful of tinted moisturizers, too. i'm not sure when i'll add them to my foundation rotation... probably when i've made a serious dent in what i have on my makeup table.


one of my longtime subscribers (from my old channel "daysies1974") mentioned that she really enjoyed this camera angle as she could see the true color of whatever i was showing. so i think i'll be filming from my makeup table a lot more and take advantage of the natural light that comes in from the windows that flank either side of the table. i'll probably film from my desk when i have to show products that aren't too dependent on the color or when i just need to vlog or something. i also want to cover up the wire shelving that's behind me because i think it looks ugly. i had put up some window sheers but that looked ugly, too. i don't know if i want to buy a screen and wrap it in some cute fabric. i just want a non-cluttered background. oh, well, it's not too too important at the time being.

well, thanks for hanging out with me again today... i'll see ya tomorrow! xoxo Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea