Friday, January 13, 2012

FOTD show & tell January 13th

posted by prettydaysies at 6:55 PM
so i finally blew the dust off my HD video camera (Sony HDR-XR150) and recorded another Face of the Day (FOTD). this time i was at my makeup table and used natural lighting and no external lighting. when i film at my desk, i'm using my webcam (Logitech C910) which records in HD 720p and i have a clip lamp on one of my wire shelves and table lamp that sits on my desk. in my old videos, i used the webcam that came with my iMac but the model i own doesn't record in HD. the new ones do and i so want one with a 27" monitor! well, i just upgraded the RAM from 2GB to 16GB and it has definitely sped up importing video from the various cameras and exporting the video to an MOV file. the quality was pretty good, but i wanted it to be better so that's why i got the HD video camera. i got the Logitech camera because i wanted to film videos on the fly with high quality, too, and i didn't have to mess with lugging my HD video camera (as if it's sooo heavy... LOL).


anyway, i hope the lighting in this video is much better than the orange cast the lamps give me when i'm at my desk. i think i'll film using my webcam when i'm showing stuff and outfits of the day/night, but i think i'll use my HD video camera when i'm doing my show & tell videos. the only thing i don't like about using the HD video camera is that you can see my giant pores. UGH. it's because of the horrible skin that i had in high school. it's not nearly as bad this time around i mainly break out in my chin and under my chin, but the aftermath of the acne i had back in high school is forever carved in my cheeks. i hate it. xoxo Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea