Tuesday, January 10, 2012

one step forward

posted by prettydaysies at 9:50 PM
so i admitted to my friends & family on Twitter that i have a YouTube channel and a new blog. it took a lot out of me to do that because i was afraid of the response. i've spent a huge chunk of my life online, but i never talked about it with anyone except those who stumbled upon me and with some really close friends (and my husband). nowadays, Facebook and Twitter are household words. however, to find out you make videos on YouTube? that's just a little weird (despite the millions of videos uploaded daily). i've only ever met someone in real life that made videos on YouTube and she was a makeup artist at a MAC counter.

anyway, i sent the tweets out and no one laughed at me or unfollowed me. in fact, i got a couple of subscribers out of it! yay! i figure, those YouTube "gurus" started out in the same boat with a handful of subscribers, and through their determination, they pulled through and are now celebrities in their own right. one day, i would love to have thousands of subscribers, but i'm truly thankful where i'm at right now. i recognized so many familiar names who subscribed to my new channel!

i had a YouTube channel previous to this one and i even made about 170+ videos and gained about 1400+ subscribers! i still can't believe that... i'm not even a makeup artist! i only really started dabbling in makeup in October 2008 (and made my first video in February 2009). towards the end of 2010, i started to get burnt out. i even invested in a very nice HD video camera in January 2011, but by that time, i was getting suffocated at work and so i stopped making videos as well. i finally quit my job in April 2011 and took a much needed break from everything. i spent quality time with my family & friends, went on vacation (several times), and took care of myself, my husband, and my house. it was rejuvenating!

so in short, i've turned over a new leaf in 2012 and getting back into my YouTube channel and blogging again. i'm having lots of fun playing around in iMovie and making videos about my favorite things... and i will film bare-faced if i want to! my goal is to upload a new video everyday in 2012 as well as post in my blog. i hope you don't mind if i talk about my dog! i think 2012 will be a blast! thanks for reading! xoxo Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea