Wednesday, April 25, 2012

on the go: FOTD, Buc-ee's, and picking up the Boo

posted by prettydaysies at 8:45 AM
this video was fun to make and almost a little intimidating! LOL i've never filmed inside a store before since i started making videos this time around...

i really wanted to take you into a Texas store and what better store than Buc-ee's! there are smaller locations than this one, but i wanted to show you the biggest one that attracts the most people. it's a popular stopover for folks who are travelling between Dallas and Houston and any town in between. it's located in Madisonville, which always gets a kick out of me because my dog's name is part of the town's name.

this was also the first time i ever did a voice-over in a video! i didn't know how anyone else did it so i just experimented it. the microphone from my iMac made me sound like i was in a tunnel. then i realized that my webcam was still plugged in (and the webcam has a microphone, too) and after i unplugged it and recorded my voice again, there was no change. after about 7 attempts, i decided to pull out my iPhone earbuds from my purse and use that. and VOILA, it worked! i had to rerecord my voice two more times because i was speaking too close to the microphone. once i got it to sound correctly, that last try is the one you hear in the video. i might get a USB microphone from Fry's so i can just leave it on my desk... but now i know how to do a proper voice-over!

i mentioned this in the car vlog when i took the dog to the kennel the first time and when we picked her up and took her home, she did bark a little and some of her voice was gone... it sounds so funny! she just has to bark when there is someone outside. at least she's good at alerting us when there is someone walking in front of the house. then for the rest of the day, she passed out. xoxo Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea