Sunday, March 25, 2012

OOTD & bareMinerals FOTD & meeting a beauty YTer

posted by prettydaysies at 9:38 PM
OMG i had the most fun i've ever had in such a long time. i finally got to meet Yun/beautybijouxfashion today and we went to the mall and met up at Sephora. we also had coffee at Starbucks and browsed clothing at LOFT and H&M and picked up some goodies at MAC (i backed to MAC 12 empties and got 2 lipsticks.). i swear we could've hung out and talked for twice the amount of time, but we both had to go home to our hubbies who were both cooking dinner for us (separately).

anyway, it's been a while since i met someone who had similar tastes as me... like makeup! i mean, i have a few girlfriends who like makeup, but they hardly wear any or they just stick to a handful of brands and so it's hard for me to talk to them about those things. so it was so nice to find someone who has the same addiction to YouTube as i do. LOL

now i didn't know that she lived near me until i watched some of her older videos... and when she mentioned it, it got me curious! i mean, i've met a lot of people in person after only knowing them from Twitter and blogs. i've made lots of great friends that way. nowadays (if you're already out of school), i think sometimes it's almost the best way to meet people because you already have some kind of common interest. when i moved here, i didn't know anyone except for my friend C that i used to work work with. when we moved into our house, i became friends with my neighbors. then i went to a WordPress WordCamp in March 2008 and met a bunch more people from Twitter who were also bloggers. then i went to a few more Twitter "tweetups" and met some more people. other than those events, it was very difficult for me to befriend anyone because i worked from home instead of working in an office.

since i restarted my YT channel, i made it a point to keep up with my comments so i can get to know the girls who watch my videos. i kind of regret not informing my subbies from my old channel from time to time so they could follow me on my new YT channel because i know i lost some frequent viewers. oh, well... this time, i'm doing better and hope to make more friends along the way... like Yun! it was just so awesome how we simply hit it off immediately. it was like talking to a long-time friend... all thanks to YouTube! it's really a fabulous community! i'm very thankful... xoxo Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea