Tuesday, May 8, 2012

on the go: new haircut & grocery shopping

posted by prettydaysies at 9:22 PM
so YES, i took the plunge and chopped all my hair off!

as you can see from the before haircut footage, my hair was just getting so unruly and unmanageable! i think i was a little too excited to get my haircut the first time (at this salon) and i should've not kept the length. by leaving it long, and then thinning it out so much, the shape of my hair from the back just looked so ODD! even for my face shape... so when i went back to the same salon, i asked Mina (not the same person who cut my hair the first time) to cut it all off. she even commented, "there's too many layers!" i agreed. so she basically hacked off the ends up to my shoulder-length layers and then started cutting and trimming slowly. after she flat-ironed my hair, she thinned it just a little bit because at this length, without thinning, i would immediately have mushroom head. so i'm still going to need to flat-iron my hair anyway, which is not a big deal.

as much as i loved my long hair, i probably should've kept it thick and not heavily layered or thinned... but the only drawback is that it would be so extremely heavy. if only my face was a bit thinner, i think i could've pulled off the thinned hair look. but i'm not so i need to stop fooling myself. LOL i am much happier with this cut and i think in a couple of months, i'm going to go shorter and ask them to thin the back a bit more so i won't get mushroom head so quickly. i hope you know what that means... "mushroom head"... when your short haircut starts to grow out, your hair just sits on your shoulders and then just balloons outwards and not fall over your shoulders to the front or back just *on* your shoulders. thus getting that mushroom head look. i can already tell that i'm going to get it soon because my hair grows so fast. that's okay. this haircut only cost me $25 with a $10 tip. it doesn't break the bank like my haircuts used to when i went to ULTA.

so i'm very happy with my new, oldie but goodie hairstyle. it feels great and i'm ready to wear my summery clothes (but i'm not ready to deal with the summery, sweltering hot weather here in TX). thank you so much for all your sweet comments on the video and on Twitter. you ladies rock! xoxo Kathleen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

pretty daysies Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea